Friday, May 13, 2011

New Camera Test

A couple months back I had to buy a new set of tires for my daily driver. With the set of tires came a free Flip Ultra. Its the 1 hour one, and has the Tire Manufacture write on the back, and most importantly its free.

So after submitting the paperwork a month ago it finally came in the mail. Now I don't have all that many uses in my life for a video camera, in fact the only use I could think of it would be to mount in the car for LeMons.

Now being that it is a free HD camera smaller than my first digital camera, I wasn't sure that it would work that well in a noisy car with a bunch of fast moving objects so I decided I should test it out. So with a cheap old digital camera case with a built in stand and some scotch tape I mounted the camera on the dash of my Legacy and took it on a quick spin on the highway.



Well it seemed to do pretty well. Even with the windows down I could hear the radio(a little Buddy Guy). The video is plenty clear, and while video ain't all that exciting you get to see the Illinois State Troupers hard at work at 2:20 and at the end at 6:30.

So now I just have to figure out where Patrick got the base that he mounted for the last race.

No comments:

Post a Comment